Sunday, November 29, 2009

New research project on e-books -- initial idea.

The Private Library is always an interesting read, but today's post on Possession sparked a few thoughts in my head. I may have to spend part of the Christmas break doing background innovation research on e-book purchasers and users from my lofty perch at the university. It seems as though, unlike nearly any other technology that I can recall off the top of my head, electronic readers such as the Kindle are offending many potential users from an emotional standpoint. Myself included, as I cannot imagine life without having a physical book in my hand. Maybe that is because I hate reading off electronic screens and I also hate not being able to flip back and forth through the book that I am reading (non-fiction, of course).

Many different angles on this one, and I expect it to be a very interesting piece of research. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment